About the pastoral internship
During the internship, we'll tackle questions such as: What is a healthy church? How do we apply healthy church ministry principles in a low-income, urban community? Should the church engage with ministries of mercy and justice, and how should we do so? How might we best spread the Gospel?
There are five potential benefits in considering this internship:
- The benefit of a supportive and living environment of a local church that assumes responsibility for the care, training, and education of the pastors; intern.
- The receiving of practical understanding and training for the essential areas of pastoral ministry within the local church.
- Gaining an official church position approved by the church that can go on a resume reflecting ministry experience.
- The opportunity for a local congregation to affirm an individual’s gifts and calling.
- Exposure to a pastor’s daily schedule to help an individual evaluate the pastoral nature of their calling.
ABOUT THE GARDEN CHURCH
The Garden Church has been serving in the Upton/Druid Heights neighborhood of West Baltimore since 2008. The first four years were formative and a time of learning. The church constituted in 2012 when 36 members covenanted together as The Garden Church, The church is a community which reflects Baltimore City and our neighborhood. Roughly half of the members live within a walk. We're made up of life-long locals and transplants. As a church with many backgrounds, we celebrate unity in diversity. People come from all walks of life and are united in Christ. At the same time, we keep an eye on our neighborhood and desire to see our neighbors reached with the Gospel. It is also The Garden Church's desire to plant more local churches in Baltimore neighborhoods. See "ONE HOPE" for more information.